Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bangalore

I don't know when my sleep schedule will become regular. The past two days I've fallen asleep between 3-5 in the afternoon and then woken up between 10-12 and stayed awake until 4-5 and then slept again until 7-8. The sleep itself is also irregular, it's really only "quiet" between 2-4.

Matt took this beautiful panoramic of our hotel room
The highlight of yesterday was our visit to the Kenko Fish Spa. I read about it online and just by chance on our way home Luther spotted it randomly. It features a service where you stick your feet in a tank of fish and they "eat" all the dead skin. Luther claims they also healed a cut on his foot but I'm not sure if that's true. To put it simply it was the strangest sensation I've ever felt and I had to clench my teeth for about 3 minutes and even after that I couldn't get entirely used to it. I really want to go back to the spa because you can get pretty cheap massages even though the place was really swanky.


We also found a store with a whole bunch of amazing "Engrish" shirts, this one in particular caught my eye. I'm such a fool for not spending $4 on it but I want to buy everything and I hardly have room in my suitcase as it is.

It also says PLAYBOY on the back. Everything here has PLAYBOY on it.

Andy, Kyle and Joe arrived safely after Luther mistook their arrival for yesterday morning and then again for yesterday afternoon (it was actually this morning). They seem pretty pumped to be here but we make quite a crowd of dirty, weird foreigners. Hopefully it will intimidate all the people that try to get us to come into their stores and rickshaws. 

Today I took a shower while sitting on the floor and it took me at least 10 minutes to figure out the hot water but I actually lucked out because apparently they only have hot water between 6-8am. Also the power has gone out 4 times.

Matt got sick this morning and had me worried but it seems to have passed--we've been being pretty tentative when it comes to food/drink and I'm hoping this will prevent us from getting too ill.

Tonight we are off to Goa. I'm not thrilled at the prospect of a long train ride, especially after Luther described the toilet system (aka everything from the train toilet falls right onto the tracks and just bakes in the sun), but Goa has beaches and new experiences awaiting us.

1 comment:

  1. that fish party picture gives me the willies. I'm glad you have a blog. love, heidi

    ReplyDelete